Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Jar of Moments : 2013

I am one of those people who gets nostalgic at the end of a year, trying to reminisce the innumerable good and bad things that happened in the year, trying to make promises to myself about what I would never ever do again and trying harder to remember what I promised myself the previous year at the same time. 

I guess its the way of life, that we tend to remember our low points in a year/life with way more clarity and attention to detail than we remember the high points. The happy or overwhelming moments just seem to be a blur in my/our vast memory of events. 

At the end of last year, (after I realized that the world was not ending after all) I tried to think about all the pleasant, peaceful, and delightful moments of 2012.. and I was struggling.. It wasn't like I din't have my share of happy and happier days.. it's just that, when it was time to sit and be thankful, I barely could remember...why.. what...why had I laughed so loud that one day, why was I smiling like I had a hanger in mouth that other day, why did I wake up with a smile because that dream was all sooo sweet.. what was that dream about anyway...why was I blushing that one day.. what had happened that made me laugh so much my stomach hurt...Yup... I barely could remember what to be thankful for.

So, when a friend suggested I keep a jar and fill it with my moments.. I couldn't agree more. I think am an easy person to please and I get really cheerful really fast... That said, I still struggled to think of all such moments from last year.. So this year, I din't make any big resolutions. Of course, I do have the usual set of - I should lose weight, I should clear my credit cards, I should travel more, I should start saving and blah and blah and blah... but the interesting thing I plan to do this year is to keep this Jar (actually a vase) and fill it with my moments. Its a three step process.. 1 - Find a Jar (vase, shoe box, whatever) 2. Be happy and 3. Write that moment down (date it maybe, if you like that) and   put it in the jar :) 

I know it sounds like this really complicated idea, but I think I'll be able to handle that much. Its just the beginning of 2013.. and I can't wait to get to the end, open my jar and read all my moments and get all nostalgic :) 

Cheers!

P.S -  Happy New Year :) Hope you stay happy, get rich and then write me check :) 


2 comments:

  1. Hi. Nice blog, there. Good post. Consider your blog as the "jar". How about that? Anyways, good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you would like to get much from this paragraph then you
    have to apply such strategies to your won blog.


    My homepage; esponjadelufa.com

    ReplyDelete