Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and I

Call me crazy, but I have decided to start a relationship with the most terrifying woman I know - Jillian Michael. If you don't know who she, you are either one of those lucky people, who have never had a battle  their weight or... well.. today is your lucky day. This blog is NOT a review of the product. It is my log to see how I fare and what results I get. I have gone back and forth if I should post before and after pictures and decided not to. I am still very self-conscious. Publishing this blog by itself is hard for me, so BE NICE! That said, there is no point in writing this if I cannot publish my results (good or bad). Hopefully, by the end of my 30D journey, i'll have results to post. 

I came across the video on amazon and the reviews were over the top. So, I decided to give it a try. The DVD would cost you $8.00. If you are tight on cash, you can always find it on youtube, if not, I recommend you buy it and pay for the cause. 

Day 1 (5/25/2013) : Measured and weighed myself and started with Level 1. She recommends staying with Level 1 for 10 days, Level 2 for 10 days and Level 3 for 10 days (that's because Level 3 is a bitch and your body needs to prepare itself). It was a 30 minute workout, including warm up and cool down. If you think you can't do anything in 30 minutes, think again!. I was not particularly sweaty because I had to keep stopping to look at the video and follow along. My heart rate was up but not pounding out of my skin. For day 1, I think I did good. 

Day 2 : She allows for no breaks in these 30 days. I was not so sore that I could not stand, but I can tell my muscles were hurting. I can't do the full-on push ups, so I stayed with the modified version shown. Yes, I was sweating and yes, my heart was racing and yes, I am still on Level 1. 

Day 3: Now I am sore. My muscles hurt and I know it the most when I have to pee :(. I was able to follow along without having to stop and look at the video constantly, like on Day 1. My heart was pounding out of my skin. She does not allow for breaks during the workout, but allows for a 5 second pause if you really need it.

Day 4: Missed Day 4 :( 

Day 5: To make up for Day 4, I did the workout twice.. morning and evening.. Hopefully that makes up for it. It's gotten easier, so I increased my weights. 

Day 6 : Increasing my weights was probably a baaaad idea.. The pain is excruciating, but this is sweet pain :) . The weekend is coming up and usually that's when its hard for me to stick to my workout or diet.. Hopefully, I'll keep up with it.

Day 7 : You'd think, of all the days, Friday would be the hardest to get yourself to workout, but it wasn't that bad. I was glad I hit the mat before I hit the couch :)

Day 8:  Saturday!!! and I slacked off!! ( call it a hangover, or just plain lazy)

Day 9 : Manged to get off the couch and hit the mat and sweat it out. I was glad I did it. 9 days into the shred, I was getting a little bored of doing the same thing, but it lasted for 40 seconds of the workout and after that.. Jillian just took over. I din't have the breathing time or energy to get bored. Tomorrow would be my last day on Level 1. I am kinda excited to start level 2. If reviews are to be believed, its going to hard as hell.. but am excited and mostly terrified :)

Day 10 : My last day on Level 1. I am wondering if I should stick to Level 1, given that I missed a day earlier.. I don't know.. we'll see... 

Day 11: LEVEL 2 is HARDDD!!!!  I was soaked and actually happy about it. I am so glad I made this far. Another 19 days to go :) :) 

Day 12:  I noticed that I have been taking a break every three days since I started. So, I had made up my mind to push myself to workout and am so glad I did. Jillian was right. You really have to work HARD to get the results you want. I feel like I see a difference in my body. It's toned (a little) but so far haven't seen any weight loss. Funny part is, I gained weight. No inches lost either (yet!). Going by everyone's advise, I plan to keep at it and measure myself on Day 20 (fingers crossed!)

Day 13:  I am not a huge fan of Level 2, but I din't want to take a break either. So, I just did it. I think I was lethargic to start with and but eventually, the workout kinda takes over you. The planks and plank-jacks or whatever it is that Jillian loves.. is HARDDD!! I hate those... I think I noticed some changes in my body, but really don't believe it yet..I don't particularly give too much credit to small changes, coz I imagine, it fluctuates. Waiting for Day 20.. to measure. 

Day 14 - Day 19 :  Had too much happening and could not update this post.. But thankfully that did  not keep me from keeping at it.. Kept going.. Today is my last day on Level 2. I missed my workout last night :( For my 10 days on Level 2, I missed one workout..that's not so bad.. right?? I hope so... 


Day 20 :  I am there..FINALLY!!!! 20 days down.. 10 more to go.

To be honest, around last weekend, I started doubting if this is even working.. I did not see any difference on the scale and began to wonder if I am one of those people, who doesn't respond to the workout... Thank god I stayed with it..

So far :
Weight loss: 1lbs
Inches lost:
Arms: -0.5"
Waist : -1.0"
Legs: -1.5"

Although, that does not seem like a lot, I cannot begin to explain how toned my body has gotten. If I do the wiggle/tap dance (you know what am talking about!), I am actually fitting into my old jeans :D. I  am hoping that at the end of 30 days, I won't have to do the dance anymore :) :) fingers crossed :D

From everything I have heard.. Level 3 is the hardest. It is also the level where you actually get shredded. Level 1 and Level 2 are meant to prepare you for this one. Tonight would be my first day on Level 3. I am terrified. I have not yet peeked to see what to expect. I guess, I am just going to wing it ;)

.....to be updated.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment